Thursday, August 10, 2006

Hell started early toady.
It seems it will be hell all over. They bombed inside Beirut some half an hour ago. They bombed an old light house, so old no one ever remembers it exists. It’s some seven buildings away from my house. But it is also some 4 buildings away from Hariri’s house.
There’s a small army unit based under that light house which also had transmission aerials that belong to the Lebanese Public Radio.(LPR)
They hit another transmission aerial, in Amshit, to the north from Beirut. It was on top of an old building that LPR have not used in years. There’s a small army unit based there too.
They’re bombing Baalback in the East, Beddawi in the North and they’re hitting every single village from Tyre to Naqoura in the South.
Most hospitals announced they finished their fuel reserves. There’s a ship loaded with fuel that came all the way from Algeria and has been waiting in the Lebanese (poisoned) waters for days for an Israeli OK to come in. In the newspaper, the two generators we have are out of order and they’re cutting the electricity in some 15 minutes. So, I’m writing this in a hurry.
I feel so angry for what happened in London’s airport this morning. No words can describe my fury. I wish I could undo it all. I just can’t.
All I can do is sit here, write my messages, try to get them through for those who care to read them, and pray I would still have an internet connection to do so for as long as possible.
Last night I had a terrible thought: YOU ARE THE ONLY FRIENDS I HAVE LEFT. EVERYONE ELSE LEFT THE COUNTRY, EXCEPT FOR RULA.
I feel we’re falling apart, one town after the other, one house after the other, one person after the other.
But I know that deep inside, none of us lost faith : we know who our enemy is, we know what it’s capable of, and we know that this enemy knows that no matter what it does we will prevail.

H..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home